Saturday, June 21, 2008

Kyle and Rene's Wedding




I have been to and in a lot of weddings and to be honest most are stiff formal affairs that are not alot of fun. In fact, I have only been to two weddings that were fun! One of those was today, when I attended the wedding of my nephew, Kyle Moody, and Rene Barefoot. Kyle is an engineer with Eaton and Rene is a teacher at Enka Middle. They will be living in a home Kyle built in Fairview. Kyle is also a contractor and is looking to sell this home but they will live there until it does sell. I wish Kyle and Rene many blessings in life and a very happy marriage. They both are great people and I pray will continue to be a great couple.

The wedding was at Taylor Ranch and the reception was catered with a fine barbecue pork and chicken with all the fixings. Kyle is a graduate of NC State and Rene is a graduate of UNC Chapel Hill. A chance to dance with either of them was available for a dollar and the one with the most dollars at the end would decide where they would receive season football tickets. Rene won, so it looks like Carolina tickets. I did my best to make sure Kyle got State tickets, by paying a dollar to dance with him. It was a short dance with no contact and brought a few laughs. I could not let a fellow State grad have to endure season tickets at Carolina! It was close, but Kyle lost out. I just wish my own wedding had been such fun. Way to go Kyle and Rene!

No comments: