Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spring Showers





One of the great things about living in the Southern Appalachian mountains of Western North Carolina is those sudden rain showers in the spring that cools the air leaves the air clear and fresh as well as make the plants grow green and lush.

I have come to love these sudden short rain showers because they bring life to the land and are refreshing to the very soul when you have been working outside in the hot sun. I try to keep my camera close by and when I see one of these storms, I know it could be followed by clouds rising up from the ground, clear air for a great view of the mountains and the always wonderful rainbow. It seems here at Sourwood Knoll, we are always viewing some beautiful weather scene as we look across the way to Brown Knob.

This evening I had to drive up to a friends house to get my honey extractor and it was pouring the rain. I could tell by the distant sunshine that it would pass quickly and if I hurried home I may get to see a rainbow. As I expected, the rain stopped and sun began moving in as I drove up my drive. I went straight and got my camera and as I came outside with it, the rainbow was already developing. Here are a couple of the photos I made. Enjoy!

No comments: